Washing Broken Glass



Random weird stuff from ma' brain time!



So this MI6 spy guy turns up dead, stuffed in a bag in his tub at home, like two years ago. The case is still ongoing, but its been considered a murder, til' now. Now the police are saying the guy did it to himself, crawling into a bag, locking it and suffocating! Madness..sounds like a conspiracy, close the case, make it go away..



If you are not utilizing Grooveshark for your online music needs, you need to get on it ASAP. It's free, amazing, non-invasive and just all around spectacular. Pandora and other streaming sites pale in comparison. I'm not sure how the hell they are still running, as you can almost find any tune you're looking for.  I have not been paid to promote them, serious! Here is a link to my account, I highly advise you sign up and get to rockin'!




Ah, the holidays, a great time to travel! Hopefully everyone arrives safe & sound, gorges on turkey and sausage and departs once more through the hellscape that is modern air travel! We are currently experiencing 438 delays and 9 cancellations, nationwide. Please sit on your luggage, stare impatiently at the big board and wish you were anywhere but here.



Jaws, one of the greatest summer movies ever made, is such an entertainment. I don't recall the first time I saw it, but I re-watch it at least a few times per year with no less enjoyment. It's funny, scary, dark and pretty much perfect. I know people rave about it and all, but hey, I'm a sucker for a good monster movie.




 This may be more suited for my ongoing Jazz Friday series but by the beard of Zeus, J.J. Johnson is a genius.

 He plays trombone, but like no one else that ever lived. It's almost hard to tell that it's a trombone he's playing, the little tricks, slides and jumps he does.

 I first heard his Proof Positive album while growing up, one of my dad's records, vinyl spinning away, just oozing pure natural beauty. I didn't recognize it at the time, jazz was still not my thing, but it stuck in my head for years, calling me, possibly influencing my drumming in some ways. Here is the obligatory Grooveshark playlist link to practically everything i've been able to find. Do enjoy!



I do apologize for the lack of posts. My main excuse is work, as I sit in front of a screen all damn day. So coming home to sit in front a different computer, absorb additional radiation and induce more wrist cramps.. well, it just doesn't seem like much fun. But you understand, dear reader. Me just can't force good things out. But I will try to keep it to the minimum of one post a week, so please do check back!



And to close off this post, one of the more disgusting things I've seen recently on the net, barring the Rob Ford scandal, which isn't even over yet! "Incredible and horrifying"describe both pretty well, though. Au revoir!











Comments

Popular Posts

Wa-hoo! Gonna set the world on fire!

The Other Son Part II

Roland (draft)