Video Round-Up!





Howdy, gang! Been a while.

I have no excuse for not posting, it truly is unacceptable behaviour. Yet I cannot and will not apologize, as the internet is more or less a giant ocean of ebbing and flowing information/ entertainment, endlessly accessible and delightful. But I am trying to commit to a more regular post schedule.

Eh, ah-um! So no new writings are ready yet for public consumption, so it is yet another edition of Video Round-up, this one is music themed.

Enjoy and come on back soon. More fun is to be had!







First up, a great song from Talk Talk. Not sure where I first heard it, I am thinking it was on this stupendous channel Radio Paradise out of California. They play a really unique and excellent mix of different music from all over the world and from all over time. In regards to future music (or "FuMu" as they call it in the future) I'm not sure if they have conquered time travel as of yet. www.radioparidise.com





There is something straight-up terrifying about Pusha T. It's not what he says or who he is, there is just this aggressive urgency to many of his raps. His cadence and growl are so genuine feeling, it is always exhilarating listening to his stuff.  It is rough & tough. 





I never really came around too quick on Grimes. I had heard some of her stuff in passing, here and there, but nothing ever really glammed onto me. Then I heard this song and it all changed. Sometimes all it takes is that one song to open the little door in your head, to an entire catalog of enjoyable music. 





A blast from the past: the genius of Arthur Lee and his band Love. Here are a few absolutely amazing songs. My father introduced me to this band via their album "Forever Changes" which is a must have for any rock n' roll fan. 











This is my favorite Islands song. Not much else to be said, it is a straight forward modern electro-pop song; the main synth hook in this song sounds a bit like a Tangerine Dream movie theme.







Well, shit got real deep here at the end. This is one of my go-to Father John Misty songs. This guy is hard to accept, his lyrical content can be problematic and overbearing but that is what makes him so fascinating. There really is no one else out there like him these days. I like this one because it feels sad but it is fairly uplifting and positive. 









Boasting a synth lick you could both set your watch to and cut glass with, this Eurythmics song is goddamn priceless. The production, the attention to detail and rhythm is so precise and focused, it is just brilliant and a great way to end this post. Adios! 


Comments

Popular Posts

Wa-hoo! Gonna set the world on fire!

The Other Son Part II

Roland (draft)